Thursday, February 26, 2009
That was a particularly bad Red vs. Blue reference. If anyone a) knows what that is and b) knows what quote I'm mimicking I will...give you a hypothetical gold star!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
"limers! you saw the limers! I never see the limers, dam im jealous and they're my favorite type too, ringtailed!(i dont think I spellled limers right)"
The word she's looking for is lemurs, these fuzzy guys:
For background my sister is not, as her Facebook comment of my photo makes her appear, in 7th grade but is in fact a junior in high school.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
*and by political 'spear' I meant 'sphere'. I should probably just take a break from trying to write, apparently my brain does not wish to function correctly (aka, I am to lazy to proofread)
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
In other news:
"The quickest way to get me to sneak out of your party is to suggest we play charades, unless the rules are that you have to take a shot of tequila every time someone yells out, "SOUNDS LIKE?" Then I'll be sleeping on your couch and stealing your Ibuprofen."
Forgoing the first and very last part of that sentence, taking a tequila shot every time someone yells out "sounds like?" sounds like (lol) what I'm going to be convincing the roomies to do Friday night (or maybe tonight). Thanks Dooce!
Also, Pippen's 21 run is on Saturday. I expect to be BOD by ten, give or take a couple of hours towards the noon-ish Saturday side.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
An entertaining read if you're not a Republican.
This coat, I must have its. It's Michael Kors, charcoal black, $79.99 marked down from $315 and, this is the best part, there's only one left and it's in my size!
So, thoughts? Should I put out the cash? Yay? Nay? You know of a better deal elsewhere?
Sunday, February 8, 2009
1. There is no more ibuprofen
2. I will need to take more ibuprofen later to combat the Irish Flu
3. Because of the Irish Flu I will not be walking/stumbling to the store to get more ibuprofen
If you don't know what the Irish Flu is just think a little harder, unless of course you're hungover too, then don't think too hard, because I know that hurts.
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. I used to write fanfiction (ok, ok, I still do sometimes).
2. I will watch any crime scene show marathon, Law and Order, CSI, NCIS etc.
3. I've never gotten a job where the boss isn't a family friend. (No, my family is not involved in the mob)
4. I am adicted to cheeze-its, even thought the white cheddar cheese ones make me sick to my stomach.
5. I read manga.
6. Even though I'm an English major I think it may be one of the most pointless major's ever.
7. I have to use my fingers to add and subtract (possibly why I'm an English major).
8. I'm studying abroad in London next quarter.
9. I have the worst spelling of any of my friends (I blame Microsoft Word)
10. I told my family I'm going to Law School after college to get them off my back about being an English major.
11. I have no idea what I'm doing with myself after college.
12. I love, love love fantasy books.
13. I believe that Harry Potter is real and am still waiting for my delayed enrollment to Hogwarts.
14. I love Battle Star Galactica more than a fat kid loves cake.
15. I love cartoons meant for adolescent boys.
16. I only have one kidney.
17. Top Gun and Apollo 13 are my favorite movies of all time.
18. I seriously considered going to the Naval Academy solely based on watching the above mentioned movies.
19. I wore The One Ring as an accessory during the first half of high school.
20. In an attempt to negate all the dorky stuff, I was the Capitan and MVP of my high school volleyball team.
21. I was going to go to college to play volleyball but after visiting the school hated it and decided to come to UW (my parents are still bitter).
22. I play online pet games(don't judge).
23. If I was shaped like a Victoria's Secret model I would buy all my clothes from them, or J. Crew.
24. I am the JVC Volleyball coach at my former highs school.
25. I hate mustard with a fiery passion.
There! Wasn't that fun? 25 things you didn't need/want to know about moi!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
From now on, no sign produced by Birmingham City Council will contain the punctuation mark.
Debates over whether Kings Norton really should be King’s - or even Kings’ - Norton may rage on, but they will be useless.
And nearby Druids Heath - which was never actually home to one, let alone many, druids - will never take on the possessive, no matter how furious local apostrophe advocates become.
The council said the move had been taken for the purposes of consistency and to avoid costs and confusion over whether place names should ever take an apostrophe.
However the decision was described as “absolute defeatism” by John Richards, the founder of the Apostrophe Protection Society.
Ah, the heroic John Richards: fighting injustice, poverty, and hate. Against punctuation. Brilliant use of time and energy. However, we could use some dangling punctuation banning here in Newfoundland. If I see one more sign that reads something like
For sale: organic “eggs”
I think I’ll freak out. I actually said to someone, “Dude, if they need to be in quotes, they’re probably not organic. Or eggs.”"What will they do without the comma!? This made me immeasurably sad but also made me LOL. Also, There is an 'Apostrophe Protection Society'? I will have to check this out and get back to you ever concerned grammarians(which I had to use spell check to get correct, shame).
And yes, check out some of the comments below the article:
"They're really not that difficult, y'know -- apostrophes. I taught it all from the ground up to my criminal barrister husband -- no one had ever bothered before. He's a happier man. Where is this online petition, by the way?" - Well, if her husband can do it, then we all can!
"I'm sure that I could easily waste tax payers money far more efficiently. Perhaps they might like to slip me a few bob so that I can chuck it into my daughters Saving's Account. Shes a lovely kid, but has no concept of managing her expense's. It seem's that her private education has been was'ted. Sign's, pah! Who care's?" -This man and George Bush could be friends, really.
"Oh dear Mr Mullaney. It is fitting that Birmingham Council and its illiterates lead the way in buggering up the written word. They have already debased the spoken word by way of their appalling accent!" -This just seemed so British I couldn't resist.
There were 232 comments when I found these, check it!
*please excuse all punctuation and grammar errors I may have made
Monday, February 2, 2009
Friday-Didn't go to class. Dog sat the cutest dog ever who decided it would be a good idea to pee on roomate #4's comforter. Pissed off roomate #4, fled to work. Got home from work at nine and watched three hours of The Shield with The Boyfriend. Attempted to go to sleep but Alan was playing NBA live so decided to go back to my own bed. Discovered that roomate #4's boyfriend was over. Went back to The Boyfriend's to sleep.
Saturday- Dragged all laundry home to my parents because I'm too cheap to use the pay ones in my apartment. Actually did some of my English homework. Tried not to fall asleep while helping my mom make dinner. Went to The Boyfriends and watched Back to the Future. Attemted to go to bed early but got conned into a game of 90's trivial pursuit, boys versus girls. Trivial pursuit is byiast to the male gender. Alan tricked friend into calling The White House smashed ("The White House?" pause "This is Bob Barker). Went back to apartment to sleep.
Sunday-Slept in. Made Superbowl goodies with Pipen and McGee to take to guy friends house. Discovered that bbq drumsticks are cheap and tasty. Ate and drank a lot. Stumbled back to The Boyfriends after the Superbowl and watched Puppy Bowl V for two hours. Attempt to go to own apartment only to be informed by Pipen that Roomate #4's boyfirend is over. Watch another episode of The Shield with The Boyfriend. Even though it's a 'To Be Continued' episode are too tired to bother watching the next. Go home, put in earplugs, and fall asleep.