Sunday, December 28, 2008

Michael Caine

Today my sister realized mid annual watching of a Muppet's Christmas Carol (a couple days late this year) that the actor who plays Ebenezer Scrooge, Michael Caine, also plays the butler in the new Batman movies. Observe:

This man is also...


This man!


I double checked on Wikipedia (which as we all know is always correct) and the information panned out. I can't believe I never noticed. Aside form a White Christmas, A Muppet's Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas movie. And it's not like I haven't seen Batman Begins and The Dark Night multiple times. It takes a fresh pair of eyes I guess. I must say it doesn't really look like he has aged at all. Good for him, in a way, although this means Michael Caine looked the age he is now in '93 when Muppet Christmas Carol came out.

And on another note, to put my love of Muppet's in perspective: my father may think the Muppet's are the funniest thing ever. EVER. When we went to Disney world this past March and went to a 'Muppet's show' in one of the theme parks guess who was the only one laughing? And I'm not talking the polite, that's supposed to be funny, I guess I should laugh, laugh. I'm talking the laught that happens when you find something so hillarious you really can't hold back. That's right, my father. In fact, just now my dad came in to see what me and my sister were doing and laughed through the entire minute exchange between Rizzo and Gonzo outside of Scrooge's house. I was doomed from the start.

1 comment:

Bandit Jack said...

he is also the dad in austin powers goldmember..