Saturday, June 7, 2008

I am never getting a car,

unless of course I ever have enough money to afford that Porsche 911 series, at which point I will have so many G's it won't matter what the cost of oil is.

With the price of crude oil hitting the highest it's ever been (even oil prices in the 80's adjusted for inflation are officially less) the idea of converting my money into pounds and moving to England is sounding more and more promising. Sadly that would cut my savings in half. Le sigh. In other news The New York Times has been talking to some serious hard 'toe the line' republicans:

“The conventional wisdom a couple of years ago was that oil did not have that much leverage over the economy,” said Daniel Yergin, chairman of Cambridge Energy Research Associates. “But now it plainly does. People are suddenly paying much more attention to their energy costs and trying to figure out how to manage them.”

Oil, did NOT have THAT much leverage over the economy? Even my economic hating arse knows that their is no possible way that was ever true. This Yergin person has obviously been smoking whatever is Mr. Bush's drug of choice. Cambridge, I used to have so much respect for you!

But seriously, I need to move to Europe where they have decent public transportation. Stat. Or get really rich and say 'fuck you natural resources' like the rest of corporate America.

New York Times article that info was taken from here.

No comments: