Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grrrr

This makes me so. mad.

Not the fact that proposition 8 is being appealed, because it should be, but the fact that it has to be appealed at all. I really can't get over the fact that will still live in a nation where fundamental rights can be taken away from a group of people. Even more so that for prop 8 to even have been put on the ballot someone took time out of their day to essentially say, 'yes, I think I'll ruin this group of people's lives this year'. This is even sadder to me after watching Milk. While I really only listened to about half of the movie I was still bawling at the end and if you happened to see the acceptance speech given by the young man who wrote the screen play at the academy awards the movie is even more heart wrenching. By which I mean to say you should go watch the movie immediately if you haven't done so yet.

It's scary that something like prop 8 can pass in California, which is generally the most forward thinking on gay rights. What does this mean for the rest of states?

No comments: